Thursday, January 27, 2011

Berlin You are AWESOME!

Since a long time ago I wanted to go to Berlin, but for some reason every time I found some spare time I used to end up going to a different city. Finally a few weeks ago Amanda and I decided to go and, I have to say it did not disappoint me at all. It totally fulfilled my expectations (which in my case normally that never happens when I expect alot about something.. so extra points for that!!) the whole city gives the feeling of being walking through an open roof museum, specially about topics related to WWII. In every corner there’s something that reminds Berliners all the suffering and pain that their citizens have to go through back in the time. On the other hand it really amazed me how Germans built their country back again after being totally devastated. Another thing that took my attention was being for the first time in a big German city. In Germany, cities usually are not that big, I can think about Hamburg, Munich and Berlin itself but definitely nothing compared with other big cities around the world like New York, Mexico City or London. However, after having visited mid size German cities (which are amazing too!!) Berlin really remind me what being in a big city feels like, with a complex subway system, amazing contemporary architecture, people asking for a coin in the train after signing a tune, business men rushing on the streets, tons of nightlife, and much more..

Overall I really loved Berlin and I cannot really wait to go back again. This time I would love to go during the summer, and get to know some other side of the city I couldn’t see; like its night life and some of its urban art galleries. The monument I liked the most was the Brandenburg Gate it is really amazing all the significant events that took place there and having been there here’s a night shot of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment